How about go for something special today? A savoury muffiin sounds good. Recipe taken from Australian Women's WeeklyRecipe Book.
- (A) 45g polenta, 60g milk
- (B) 120g bacon, chopped finely, 60g onion, chopped finely
- (C) 110g self raising flour, 2tbsp parmeson cheese powder, 1tsp fine sugar, 1/2tsp salt
- (D) 160g corn kernels, drained, 40g cook broad bean, 60g apple puree,
- (E) 50g melted butter, 60g egg(E)
- (F) 1 pcs cheddar cheese (cut into 12 small pcs)
- Preheat oven 180C.
- Mix (A) in a small bowl, cover and stand for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in non-stick pan for 2 minutes. Add onion; cook, stiring for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- mix (C) and add (D) into it.
- Add in (E); mix muffin batter only until just combined.
- Spoon batter into paper cup or greased muffin holes.
- Put a small slice of cheddar cheese on top of each muffin batter.
- Bake for 20 mins. Serve warm.