Miss this ayam masak merah very much.
Thought of cook for my hubby's friends.
Since already have fried chicken so i changed my menu to stew beef instead of this ayam masak merah.
But i really want to eat this so i just cook it for my family after the gathering.
Still using Sonia's recipe but i changed a bit.
I cook this for myself & my husband.
At the same time i cook a pork ribs curry (not hot one) for kids.
As both my children have their curry, so i can cook a little bit hot for my ayam masak merah.
End up my son is the one who enjoy this ayam masak merah the most, especially the gravy.
I really love this and once again thanks Sonia for sharing her easy recipe.
- Marinate chicken (pieces) with fresh turmeric paste or turmeric powder, salt and light soy sauce.
- spice paste: (blend big onion, garlic, ginger, galangal and shallot)
2tbsp of super hot chili paste
fresh tomato paste (i used 1 tin of diced tomatoes)
1 Big onion slices , 2 tomatoes cut into big pcs
3 stalks of lemongrass
- Deep fried the marinated chicken pieces until golden brown, set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, saute the spice paste and lemongrass until fragrant.
- Add chili paste and diced tomato paste and saute for a while.
- Add in the fried chicken pieces, season with salt and sugar, mix well and add some water to simmer for a while.
- Add in onion slices and cut tomatoes, mix well, and dish out.