Cook this nasi lemak using steaming method. "kukus nasi lemak " still the best to taste. Love the rice but really incurred lots of work. Worth all the efford & times when u yourself and familes enjoy it :)
I didnt actually write down the measurement but just used my "agak agak"method.
- First wash the rice, drains the water and steam on high heat for 15 minutes.
- Take out the rice from steamer and soak the rice in cold water for 2hrs.
- Dranis the rice and put in the steamer again and steam for another 15 minutes or rice cook.
- take out from steamer and slowly pour in coconut milk, not too much coconut milk as your rice will become lumpy (add in some salt to taste in coconut milk ) .
- Leave the rice stand for 10 minutes to let the rice absorb the coconut milk.
- Once again put on steamer and steam for 10 minutes.
- Now u can enjoy your lovely kukus nasi lemak :)
Pork Ribs Curry:
I used Hai's premix curry paste for this pork ribs curry. Only this paste is not taste hot for my daughter. It is very easy to use premix as it's save lots of my time and energy to prepare the sambal paste.
I just fried the curry paste together with 1tbsp Baba's curry powder & some curry leaves in my preasure cooker. Put in pork ribs and fried for 3 minutes. Add in water and cover the lid. Cook for 15 minutes will do.
While waiting, i will normally pan fried the potatoes til tender and golden in colour. When the meat is ready put in the potatoes and coconut milk. Cook for another 3 minutes and serve.
Here is my nasi lemak kukus with sambal ikan bilis, ayam masak merah and porkribs curry.