Last Saturday was Phil's birthday.
I celebrated his big day by buying him a trip down south to Margaret River and of course did a simple n easy peachmisu for him.
Actually what is in my mind was making a mangomisu but i really cant find good mangoes in any stores at this time.
So i got no choice have to use peaches as substitute.
Luckily the end result was not too bad.
But still i prefer mangoes than peaches.
Anyway, Phil love it so much.
- 500g mascarpone cheese
- 500ml thickened cream
- 50g icing sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 125ml Grand Marnier
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 300g savoiardi (or sponge finger biscuits)
- 1 can peaches (drained n thinly sliced)
- Line base of 22cm springform cake tin with plastic wrap or baking paper.
- Place mascarpone cheese, cream, icing sugar, egg yolks in a big bowl of electric mixer and beat on high speed until thick and well combined.
- Combine Grand Marnier and orange juice in a separate bowl. Dip half the sponge fingers into the juice mixture and layer in the base of the cake tin.
- spread in 1/3 of the cheese mixture and top with 1/3 of the peaches.
- Repeat the process, then top with remaining cheese. Reserving the remaining peaches slices to decorate.
- Cover the cake with cling wrap and chill for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- When it set, carefully removethe sides and base and transfer the peachmisu to a platter. Best to serve with rasberry sauce.