I have came across this wacky cake recently. A very unique recipe.
This cake is make without milk, butter or eggs and is moist, dark and delicious.
It was believed that the cake was probably invented during World War II
when there was rationing of butter, milk, and eggs.
This cake is made for tight times with not expensive ingredients.
and yet it's also vegan, which makes its appealing for those who prefer to avoid or cannot consume dairy.
I just can't resist its rich & spongy taste.
But I thought it would be interesting to make a wacky cheese cake since my parents love cheese cake so much.
This is really a simple and easy to make recipe but tasted impressive.
So if you love chocolate & cheese and you’ve never made a wacky cake, you need to!
Ingredients: Chocolate Cupcakes:
- 100g all purpose
- 70g granulated white sugar
- 15g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 120g water
- 40g canola oil
- 1/2 tablespoon white vinegar
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 125g cream cheese at room temperature
- 30g granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cream Cheese Filling: with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sugar n lemon juice and beat until creamy n smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- in a separate bowl mix in water, oil, vinegar.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in the wet ingredients until nice and smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 6 muffin cups. Then spoon a few tablespoons of the cream cheese filling into the center of each cupcake.
- Bake in the preheated oven 170C for about 25 minutes, or a toothpick inserted into the chocolate part of the cupcake will come out clean.