Not bad but still need to improve.
Not only using a new recipe from Rasa Malaysia but also my first try to knead this curry puff in a new shape.
Satisfied with the shapes.
- 250g chicken meat, diced
- 250 potatoes, diced
- 120g onions, diced
- 12 curry leaves
- 2-3 Tbsp curry powder
- 1Tbsp curry paste
- water, Salt to taste,Sugar to taste
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 225g flour, 1tsp salt
- 85g water
- 85g butter, 5g Ghee
- 180g flour
- Heat oil in wok. Fried curry paste and mix in curry powder and curry leaves till fragrant.
- Add in diced chicken, potatoes. Fry for 3 minutes on medium fire. Add in onions and water. Simmer for 10 minutes or until almost dry.
- Remove to cool.
- Mixed salt to water to make salt water.
- Add salt water to flour gradually and slowly knead to form a nice white dough.
- Leave aside.
- Add butter and ghee to flour and knead to form a dough. Set asideto rest for 30 mins.
To make spiral skin:
- Flatten the water dough and wrap the oil dough inside. Pinch the edges to seal it nicely.
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to form a rectangle shape. Working on the shorter end, slowly roll up tightly into a swiss roll.
- Roll from the shorter end of the swiss roll to flatten dough. Slowly roll up from the shorter side to form a swiss roll.
- Let dough rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut dough into small pieces.
To fill and shape puff
- Roll a piece of the cut dough into a circle with rolling pin.
- Put 1 Tbsp of filling in the centre.
- Press the edge together and seal it. This will give you a half moon shape.
- Pinch the edge of the puff with your thumb.
- Heat oil in wok or deep fryer. Oil must be very hot before putting in the puff and enough to cover to the puff.
- Deep fry the puff on medium heat until golden brown.