This cake actually is lamingtons.
But the chocolate coating has been replaced by strawberry jelly so the name also been modified.
A simple and nice cake.
Soft and oil free.
This cake is prepared with the help of Michelle because she is the one who placed order.
Happy and lovely times with her in the kitchen.
- 5 eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 40g corn flour
- 60g plain flour
- 40g self raising flour
- 80g packet strawberry jelly crystals
- 120g desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease 18x28cm brownie pan or 20x30cm lamington pan. (i used 18x28cm pan) line base and side with baking paper.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with electric mixer about 10 minutes or until thick and creamy.
- Gradually add in sugar, beating until sugar dissolved.
- Slowly fold in Triple-sift flours.
- Spread mixture into pan.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes. Turn cake immediately onto baking-paper-covered wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, make jelly as per packet instructions.
- Refrigerate until set to the consistency of unbeaten egg white.
- Trim all sides of cake. Cut cake into 3x3cm squares (After trimming the sides, it is perfectly cut out 15 pcs of square cakes by using 18x28cm brownie pan)
- Dip squares into jelly, drain off excess.
- Place coconut into a medium bowl; toss squares in coconut.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before served.