After a tiring gathering yesterday night i decided not to do anything today.
Kids busy changing their bedspreads while hubby doing his weeding.
While blogging i knew that Ann is participating in the Project Food Blog Challenge.
I will definitely vote for her as i really learn many things from her lovely blog.
As kids are being so good, i finally wake myself up to make something for them.
I purposely choose this almond flakes recipe from Anncoo Journal.
This is the 2nd time i used her recipe to make this.
Since the 1st time i din't post it in my blog, i will take this opportunity to post it today just to support her with action before voting.
Kids love it so much.
This proof again that Ann's recipes are so reliable and wonderful!
Thanks Ann for her kind sharing.
while i am baking, Michelle draw this pic for me to place my flakies.
Used some pumpkin seeds to replace almond flakesin my 2nd batch of baking
- 90g Plain flour
- 100g Caster sugar
- 60g melted butter
- 70g (2 eggs) whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp Almond essence
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- Prepare two baking tray with baking sheet on it.
- Sift flour into medium mixing bowl; add sugar.
- Make a well in the centre. Add melted butter, egg whites and almond essence to bowl. Using a wooden spoon, stir until well combined.
- Cover mixture with cling wrap; allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Drop about 2 teaspoon of mixture at a time onto prepared trays. Spread mixture to a round 6 cm in diameter. Sprinkle each round with flaked almonds.
- Bake biscuits 7 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven; stand on tray 30 seconds.
- Carefully loosen and lift biscuits from tray and transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Store biscuits in an airtight container.