A quick homemade chutney adds a little sweetness to juicy grill pork cutlets.
They're perfect for a family-friendly weekend meal.
Recently I do my feed shopping (Coles) on Saturday morning after having a run with my hubby.
Obviously most the good are on special and heaps of meat on reduced
and also my shopping bill ends up being cheaper.
This is always what i want.
A cheap meal but everyone enjoy it.
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, coarsely chopped
- 250ml water
- 2tbsp brown sugar
- 1tbsp cider vinegar
- 60g sultanas
- 500g sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 20g butter
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- 4 x 250g pork cutlets
- 2tbsp olive oil
- one hand full of french beans, blanch in water and set aside, to serve (or some rocket leaves)
- Place apples, water and sugar in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add vinegar and sultanas and cook for a further 5 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place the sweet potato in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to the pan.
- Add the butter and maple syrup, and mash. Season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat up the grill pan. Brush pork cutlets with oil. Cook for 5 minutes each side or until cook through.
- Thransfer to a plateand cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Divide the mash sweet potatoes among serving plates. Top with pork cutlet and apple chutney. Serve with french beans or rocket.
- note: i add some bake mushroom as well :)