Another easy quick bread marries the flavor of pumpkin with the tropical flavor of bananas. Here is my favourite recipe that combines the two into a delicious pumpkin banana bread. Adding in some walnuts and sultana or cranberries will definitely amp up the nutrition value. Personally, i love to serve it up with a dollop of fresh cream or butter and a cup of coffee or chai tea.
A big thank you to my friend, Patricia Loftus for printing this recipe for me 3 years ago.Ingredients:
- 125g self raising flour
- 75g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 80g dark brown sugar
- 100ml olive oil
- 60ml low-fat natural yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 220g grated pumpkin
- 1 big ripe banana (mashed)
- 40g chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and flour a 14 x 22cm loaf tin or line with nonstick baking paper.
- Sift together flours, bicarbonate soda, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice into a large bowl.
- Add in sugar, mix to combine.
- Place oil, yogurt and eggs in a separate bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Pour into the flour mixture. Beat with electric mixer for 1 minute.
- Stir in pumpkin, banana, sultana and walnuts.
- Mix to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf tin.
- Bake for 50 mins - 1 hrs or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Stand in tin for 5-10 mins.
- Turn loaf onto a wire rack to cool before slicing to serve.