Holy week is the last week of lent, when we follow Jesus from Palm Sunday, the Sunday of the Passion, to his death on Good Friday in preparation for his rising from the dead on Easter Sunday.
Can't wait to celebrate the biggest day in our catholic's calender ~Easter Day!
And as I will be away from my blog for this few day,
I would like to wish everyone Happy Easter
And may my Good Lord fill us with peace, joy & warmth .
I made this easter tea bread this morning to celebrate this big day with all of you.
Have a blessed day and remember to take a pcs before u go :)
- 200ml milk, 1tsp caster sugar, 5g dry active yeast
- 400g strong baker's flour or High Protein Flour
- 1tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2tsp ground nugmet
- 50g light muscovado sugar (substitute brown sugar)
- 150g mixed dried fruit (or replaced by choc chips)
- 50g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Butter, to serve
To Decorate :
- (A) 2Tbsp plain flour, 2Tbsp water
- (B) 2Tbsp caster sugar, 2Tbsp water
- Heat milk in a saucepan until lukewarm.
- In a separate bowl combine caster sugar, yeast and 100g flour, stiring until smooth. Add in (1) and mix well. (Remember the milk should not hot but warm)
- Cover with clean tea towel and set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Grease an 18cm springform cake tin.
- In a mixer bowl, sift in cinnamon, nutmeg, remaining flour and 1tsp salt.
- Stir in muscovado sugar and add the yeast mixture from (3), cooled melted butter and egg.
- Beat with low speed til all the ingredients just combined together and form a dough.
- Increased speed and continue to beat for 4 minutes.
- Add in mixed dried fruits and mix well.
- Shape the dough into a round ballshape and place in the cake tin.
- Cover with clean tea towel and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour or the dough should rise to just above the rim of the cake tin.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- For the cross deco, combine (A) til have a smooth paste. Transfer mixture to piping bag fitted with small plain nozzle and pipe a cross on top of the bun.
- Place cake tin in oven and bake for 30minutes and cooked through.
- Cool slightly in tin before turning out onto a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, to make galze, simmer (B) for1 minute or until sugar dissolves. Continue simmering for another 1 minute but keep stirring. Off fire before it changes into caramel.
- Brush the sugar syrup over the bun, then serve warm with butter.
- Any left over tea bread can be served toasted the next day.