Yesterday we had enjoy our nasi lemak kukus with beef rendang which represent our "kaum melayu" so I am thinking of cooking something to represent our "kaum indian"
Here we go! The sour, spicy, sweet, and tangy indian mee goreng dish.
Unfortunately i do not have squid in my fridge so i have substitute it with some prawn.
My husband and son will deffinitely shout for joy as this is also their favourite meal.
Beside this, I also cook one curry dhal to go with roti canai for my little girl who loves dhal very very much. I used Sonia, Nasi Lemak Lover's recipe. This is the 3rd time i cook the curry dhal with her recipe. Just a simple and easy way to cook this dhal curry.
Tonight we will be seeing Gabriel on stage again at University of Western Australia.
He loves performing while we enjoy watching and of course supporting.
Will have an early dinner before 5pm as he needs to be there by 5pm.
That is why my meal is ready a bit early today.
- 1tbsp of chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons of sambal chili paste
- 1 pkt of yellow noodles (500g)
- 1 pcs of fish cake (slices)
- 3 pieces of dried bean curds (cut into pieces)
- 14 prawns (shells discard)
- 1 tomatoes (cut into wedges)
- 2 eggs
- a handful of bean sprouts
- 2 red chilies (sliced for garnishing purposes)
- 1 lime (cut into wedges)
- Sauces: 2 tablespoon of soy sauce, 2 tablespoon of kecap manis, 2 tablespoon of tomato ketchup, some sugar and salt to taste (as my sambal ady added salt & sugar while cooking, therefore, i din't add in the sauce)
- Heat wok with cooking oil. Add in garlic fried until fragrant.
- Add in sambal chili paste, fish cake, prawn, bean curb and tomatoes wedges.Stir fry. until fragrant.
- Add in the sauces then follow by the yellow noodles. Keep stirring.
- Push the noodles to the side of the wok and crack in the eggs.
- Scramble the eggs and mix in with the noodles.
- Lastly add in the beansprouts and fried for another 1 minute.
- Garnish with red chilies. Squeeze some lime juice over the noodles before serving.
- Heat oil in a wok, add in shallot, mixed Indian herbs and garlic, stir fry till fragrant
- Add in green chili and curry leaves, stir fry for a while
- Add the rest of tomato, potato and carrot, mix well
- Then add in dhal and water. And follow by turmeric powder
- Simmer for 1.5 hours or until dhal is soft.