Outer Pastry (water-oil dough):
- 230g High Protein Flour, 10g custard powder, 100g margerine, 4tbsp sugar, 1 egg, 4-5 tbsp water
Inner Pastry (oil dough):
- 150g plain flour, 100g shortening
- 240g boiling water, 100g fine sugar (may reduce another 15g as i found it a little bit sweet for me) 3 eggs, 1/2 tsp vanilla ess, 1/4 tsp vinegar
- to make outer pastry: combine sifted flour & custard powder and sugar together. Rub in margerine until mixture resembles course bread crumbs. Add in egg and water to form a soft dough. Wrap or cover the dough to rest for 20 mins.
- to make inner pastry: combine the ingredients and form a soft dough. Cover and rest dough for 20 mins. (Do not over knead the dough or it will becomes sticky).
- to make puff pastry: unwrap dough and roll out on a lightly floured surface. Roll out dough into a rectangle size with a short side nearest you. Put butter (oil dough) in the centre so that long side of the oil dough is parallel to the short side of dough. Fold up as you would like a letter: bottom 1/3 of dough over oil dough. Then top 1/3 down over dough. Brush off excess flour. Wrap and chill in fridge for 30 mins.
- Turn out dough to a short side nearest you. Then flatten dough with rolling pin and roll out to rectangle size. Fold in thirds like a letter, as above. Wrap and chill again in fridge for 20 mins.
- Make 2 more folds in same manner. Chilling dough 30 mins one after each fold.
- Roll out the puff pastry into 4mm thick. Cut out pastry according to the size of your tart moulds.
- Line dough in the middle of tart moulds, one by one. Lightly press the dough with your thumb. Strating from the bottom then top to the side. While pressing the dough, turn the tart mould clockwise/ anti- clockwise in order to make an even tart pastry.
- making custard: Add sugar inti boiling water, mix until completely dissolved. Whisk eggs with vanilla extract. Add in vinegar and whisk well. Pour in sugar water and whick well. Sift egg mixture twice to get rid of any bubbles.
- Preheat oven 180C. Pour egg mixture into tart shells and bake for 20 mins.