Each type of kuih attract me in different way on their very special taste and colorful outlook.
Just feel so satisfied to enjoy my daily tea time with all this little treat.
Looking at beautiful pictures of Pulut Inti posted by My Kitchen Snippets, it suddenly dawned to me that I haven’t try this for a long long time.
I tell myself, I must try this out as soon as I can.
And here it is.
- 15 dried Blue Pea Flowers (I dont have, so i play with the purple & blue colour. Hey! the colour looks alike right? This is the best result i can get already)
- 1/4 cup of hot water
- 300g glutinous rice, 200 g thick coconut milk, 1/2 tsp salt
- Soak blue pea flower in hot water for 15 minutes till water turn blue. Sieve the water out.
- Soak the glutinous rice in blue pea flower overnight.
- Steam glutinous rice in steamer for about 15-20 mins.
- Mix coconut milk and salt and pour in steamed glutinous rice. Mix well.
- Continue to steam for another 10mins. Set aside and leave to cool.
- 150g palm sugar, 2tbsp brown sugar, 2 pandan leave (knotted), 1 grated coconut (white part only), 80ml water, 1 tbsp cornflour and mix with 1tbsp water
- cook palm sugar, brown sugar, pandan leave and water in a small pot until sugar dissolved.
- Add in grated coconut and stir till fragrant.
- Add conflour mixture and stir for 2 minutes. Set aside and leave cool.