Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Monday, September 26, 2011
第一次尝试Bourke Street Bakery 的食谱。觉得非常的压力。
看见Shirley; Kokken69在她的Bourke Street Bakery's Passion Fruit Meringue Tart中，对这本书(Bourke Street Bakery the ultimate baking companion)这么推荐，而我呢，有书在手却不试试，真有点说不过去。
Ingredients：makes 18 croissants
- 100g bread flour (chill)
- 55 ml milk (chill)
- 5g soft brown sugar (chill)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (chill)
- 5g fresh yeast (1g instant yeast)
- 20g unsalted butter, soften
- 392g bread flour (chill)
- 550ml milk (chill)
- 60g soft brown sugar (chill)
- 15g salt (chill)
- 35g fresh yeast (8g instant yeast)
- 500g unsalted butter, for laminating the dough (chill)
- 1 egg，100ml milk，a pinch of salt (put all in a bowl and whisk with a fork until well combined. Set aside until needed).
- To make the pre-ferment, mix all ingredients together in a bowl until it becomes a ball. Knead it for about 10 minutes until becomes elastic and smooth. If using electric mixer, using dough hook and mix on low speed for 3 minutes.
- Put the pre-ferment in a bowl covered with plastic bag and leave at room temperature for 2 hours to ferment. After, store the pre-ferment in the fridge overnight (this can be kept for few days in the fridge).
- To mix the final dough, divide the pre-ferment into 8-10 small pieces, mix it together with all other ingredients, except butter, in a mixing bowl until a dough ball is formed.
- Transfer the dough ball to a bench and knead for 10 - 15 minutes (by hand) until the dough become smooth and elastic, and doesn't tear when streched gently. If using electric mixer, using dough hook, mix on low speed for 3 -4 minutes, followed by high speed for another 2 minutes.
- Put the dough in a bowl covered with plastic bag or cling wrap and refridgerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Before starting the dough laminating (i.e. incorporating butter into the dough) remove the butter from the fridge. Pound the butter with rolling pin between two sheets of baking paper into 20cm flat square (about 1cm thick).
- Take the croissant dough out of the fridge, using a ligthly floured rolling pin, roll the dough out into a rectangle about 20 x 40 cm. Place the butter in the centre of the dough and fold th dough over the top. Seal the edges of the dough together to ensure the butter is completely enclosed in the dough.
- Gently and carefully roll the dough out into a rectangle, about 20 x 90 cm. Fold the rectangle from one long end by 1/3, so the dough is now 20 x 60cm. Folf the other one long end over the top so that the dough is now 20 x 30cm.
- Wrap the dough in a plastic bag and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and rotate the dough 90 degree so that the dough will be rolled in opposite direction from previous fold. Repeat this folding and resting process twice more.
- Once the dough has been rolled n folded 3 times and had a final rest in fridge for 20 mins, it is ready to be pinned and shaped into croissants or used to make pan au raisin, pan au chocolate, danishes or praline twists.
- Take the laminated dough out of the fridge and roll it out into a rectangle about 25 x 100cm with 5 -8 mm thick.
- Cut the dough into 18 triangles with 9-cm base and 21-cm height. Stack triangle sheets on baking sheet/papers and chill for 10 minutes.
- Take the chilled triangles out of the fridge and shape into croissants. Gently stretch it out slightly. Strating from the base and roll up towards the tip, pressing the tip of triangle to make the triangle longer. Pull away two corners at the base and roll it towards the tip to secure.
- Place croissants on the tray. Cover loosely with a damp tea-towel. Set aside in a warm room (25-27C) for 1-2hrs, or until almost doubled in size. Spray the tea towel with water occasionally if it becomes dry.
Friday, September 23, 2011
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Since i only had 1 piece that night, so i baked another one on Monday.
I modified the recipe by adding in the grapefruit juice and orange liqueur.
- Sieve flour together with salt and set aside.
- Fold in the flour in 3 batches. Mix well and set it aside. (I used slow speed to mix the flour in)
- Pour into the prepared cake pan and bake for 45mins or until a skewer comes out clean when tested.
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Friday, September 16, 2011
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Monday, September 12, 2011
- 120g eggs (2 eggs), 200g caster sugar
- 125g low protein flour, 25g corn flour
- 90g fresh milk
- 1/8tbsp ovalet
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1tsp mocha paste
- Heat the steamer with high heat.
- With high speed, cream eggs, sugar and ovalet until thick and fluffy.
- Add flour and milk alternately and continue to whisk in low speed until well blended.
- take 1/3 of batter and mix in mocha paste. Set aside.
- Add the vanilla into the balance of white batter, stir well and set aside.
- Fill the cups with white batter then mocha batter alternately until it came almost up to the rim.
- Steam the cakes in steamer for 10 minutes. Do not open the steamer's lid before the cakes are done. Give extra space between the molds when steaming the cakes as these cakes need a lot of steams to perfectly rise and crack in the middle.
- After 15 minutes, take the cakes out from the steamer. Let them cool down for a while before releasing them from the molds.
- 120克 鸡蛋, 200克 幼糖， 1/8茶匙乳化剂
- 125克 低粉, 25克 粟粉
- 90克 鲜奶
- 1/2茶匙 香草精， 1茶匙浓缩咖啡精
- 把1/3 的面糊加入浓缩咖啡精，搅拌均匀备用。
Sunday, September 11, 2011
我会参与Happy Home Baking 的 Aspiring Bakers #11: Mid-Autumn Treats (September 2011).
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Sunday, September 4, 2011
Crust: 10 Oreo cookies, 40g Butter (melted)
Filling: 150g Cream cheese, 75g Sour cream, 60g Sugar, Lemon juice from half of the lemon, 5g Gelatin,10ml Kirsch, 225ml Whipping cream, 4 Oreo cookies (take the filling out n blend till fine crumbs)
Decoration: Whipped cream, Mini Oreo
- Take the filling out of the cookies. Crush the cookies. Pour the melted butter into the cookies crumb, mix to combine, then press into 7" cake pan with removable bottom or cake ring. Refrigerate until require.
- Put gelatin powder in 10ml warm water stand for a few minutes until dissolved. Pour the Kirsch into the gelatin bowl and mix well.
- Beat the cream cheese until soft (you can make the cream cheese soft and smooth by placing the bowl over the warm water). Pour the sour cream in beat to combine, follow by sugar, lemon juice, and gelatin mixture beat to combine.
- Gently fold in the oreo crumbs.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks, mix the cream into the cream cheese mixture fold to combine.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Refrigerate until firm (about 12 hours), take out of the pan and decorate with whipped cream and mini Oreo.
- Award (7)
- Kitchenware (2)
- Muffin and Quick Bread/Loaf (23)
- 其他/misc (5)
- 包点/水饺/点心 （Pau / Dumpling/Dimsum) (45)
- 千层蛋糕（Cake Lapis) (8)
- 可颂（croissant) (5)
- 塔，泡芙，派 (tart/puff/pie) (31)
- 寿司 （sushi) (4)
- 小食（snack) (35)
- 布郎尼 （Brownie) (1)
- 戚风蛋糕（ChiffonCake) (31)
- 月饼 (19)
- 果酱/jam (3)
- 沙拉 (salad) (2)
- 烹饪（cooking) (81)
- 甜点 (10)
- 生活小记 (28)
- 粽子 (6)
- 糕点/馃 (84)
- 蛋糕/Cake (109)
- 蛋糕卷（swiss roll) (17)
- 送礼(GiveAway) (2)
- 酥饼 (23)
- 酿制品 (3)
- 面包/Bread (115)
- 韩式烹饪 korean cooking (5)
- 饼干/cookies (38)