原来炒chai tao kueh也叫炒kueh kak吗？
Recipe adapted from : Minty's Kitchen
- In a mixing bowl combine (B) rice flour, tapioca flour, wheat starch, salt, sugar and cold water together.
- cook (A) shredded radish with water till soft, or until radish turns translucent. Discard the water.
- Heat pan with 1tbsp oil, fried radish for 2 mins. Pour in (C) water.
- Continue cooking till boiling. Stir in flour mixture and cook over low heat all the time until the mixture turns to a thick paste.
- Pour into a 8" square pan and steam over boiling water for about 30 minutes or until cooked. Cool radish cake thoroughly before cutting into cubes.
Ingredients for frying the radish cake:
Seasoning: (to taste)
- dark soy sauce, kecap manis (sweet dark soy sauce), light soy sauce, pepper, sambal chilli
- In a non-stick pan, heat oil and fry minced garlic and chai poh. Fry till aromatic.
- Add in radish cake cubes and fry till lightly browned and slightly crisp. Heat should be medium high.
- Add in seasoning and fry to coat evenly.
- Push the radish cake to the side of the pan then crack eggs into the pan. Allow the eggs to set slightly before flipping the radish cake over it.
- Finally add in beansprouts. Toss until well combined and heated through. Garnish with spring onion and serve hot.