有一次印尼朋友为我们煮了这道Javanese curry ～Opor Ayam过后，我们就爱上它了。
Ingredients: Opor Ayam
- 8 chicken drumstick, clean and set aside
- 4 tbsp oil
- 3 shallots, finely shredded
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 shallots
- 1cm piece fresh turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 4 candlenuts
- 1/2 tsp fennel
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 ½cm ginger
- 3cm galangal
- 1cm ginger
- 1 stalk lemon grass
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 stalk lemon grass, smashed
- 4cm cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 2 daun salam
- 250ml thick coconut milk
- 1litre or less water
- 1 tbsp tamarind juice
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp dark brown sugar or to taste
- 3 cups Bhasmati rice - wash & soak for 10 mins
- 2 tbsp butter
- Mixed Spices - 3cm cinnamon stick, 1 star anise, 5 cloves
- 150ml Ayam Opor gravy (before adding coconut milk), 2tsp curry powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1tsp salt, 1 cube chicken stock
Combine ground ingredients with 1 tablespoon oil into a paste.
Marinate chicken with 1tsp of salt and set aside.
Heat oil in a saucepan and fry sliced shallots until golden brown and crispy. Drain shallot crisps from oil.
Heat remaining oil and fry ground ingredients until fragrant.
Add in chicken and continue frying until firm.
Add in water and (A). Stir until mixture starts to boil. Simmer for 20 minutes until sauce thickens. (If you wish to add in potatoes, you may add in 10mins after simmering).
Add thick coconut milk and tamarind juice. Continue to cook for a further 10 minutes. Halfway through cooking add kaffir lime leaves and seasoning to taste.
When meat is cooked and tender, dish out and serve with a garnishing of crisp fried shallots. (To add more flavour, I like to add in some coriander leaves as well).
Ingredients：(Spice Curry Rice)
- Heat up butter & stir-fry mixed spices until fragrant.
- Add 2tbsp Opor gravy together with curry, turmeric & coriander powder in a small bowl and mix well. Add in remaining opor gravy and stir to combine.
- Add (2) into (1) and enough of water into an electric rice cooker with rice and cook.
- Serve rice with Javanese curry chicken.