Continue reading ...
Beef Stew Over Rice (Gyu-don):
- Place water, dashi powder, ginger and onions in a saucepan and boil 3 min.
- Add sugar, sake, soy sauce, beef, and stir to combine well. Bring to the boil, cover with lid and simmer for 15min or until beef has absorbed the flavour, onions are caramelised and liquid is reduced to half.
- Transfer to serving bowls (with rice inside) together with the sauce, garnish with spring onion and toasted sesame. Serve warm.
- You may crack a fresh egg on top to add flavour but i just replaced it with braised egg.
- Melt unsalted butter over a pot of simmering water.
- In a clean bowl add in egg yolks and caster sugar. Place on the simmering water and whisk until the mixture becomes warm, then remove but keep whisking until the color of the mixture turns a lighter yellow and thick, add in matcha powder and mix well, set aside
- Place egg whites in a clean bowl and beat on medium speed. Add in sugar by batches. Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Using a rubber spatula, add in 1/3 of the meringue to the egg yolks mixture and fold in.
- Add in remaining egg whites and fold gently.
- Sieve 1/3 of the flour mixture into batter and fold in lightly. Repeat another 2 times until all the flour mixture is folded in.
- Lastly add in melted butter and mix well.
- Line tray with baking paper and arrange pansy flowers on it.
- Pour the batter into the pan and using a plastic scrapper, smoothen the batter.
- Bake in preheat oven at 180C for 12 minutes.
- Holding onto the baking paper, pull the cake out of the pan onto a cooling rack immediately. Peel down the sides of the baking paper carefully to let the heat dissipate.
- When cake has completely cooled down, flip over onto another piece of baking paper and peel off the used baking paper.
- Turn the baked sponge cake onto a new baking baking paper. flower side down.
- Spread whipping cream evenly onto the cake.
- arrange the strawberries at the shorter side facing you, roll the cake up tightly to form a swiss roll. Wrap with cling wrap and chill in the fridge to allow the swiss roll to set. Slice to serve.