去看了儿子一直想看的“家长指导”（Parental Guidance) 。
- 2 cups of sushi rice & 2 1/4 cups of water.
- 1/4 cup of rice vinegar , 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1/2 tablespoon of mirin and 1/2 tablespoon salt
- Measure and washed sushi rice. Drain, leaving just a little water, and rub the grains together several times with the palms of your hands gently as if you were polishing them.Add plenty of fresh water and rinse out the rice. Drain and rinse until the water is almost clear.
- Put rice in a rice cooker or pot. Add the water to the rice. Soaking for at least 30 minutes to an hour is generally recommended.
- If you are using a rice cooker, just switch on. If you are using a pot, bring to a boil over medium heat then put on a tight fitting lid. Cook on medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until the water is completely absorbed. Turn up to high heat for a few seconds to get rid of any excess moisture if necessary.
- Remove it from the heat and drape a cloth over the pot for about 15 minutes to let it fully absorb the moisture and rest. This final step really makes a difference if you want grains that stick together but are not mushy or watery. A good rice cooker includes this resting time in the cooking cycle, and also allows for condensation to evaporate, so you don't need the cloth draping step.
- Mix 1/4 cup of rice vinegar , 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1/2 tablespoon of mirin and 1/2 tablespoon of salt. Heat over low heat in a small saucepan, and stir until the sugar and salt have dissolved.
- Moisten your spatula or paddle with a little of the vinegar. Turn your hot rice out into a big bowl and pour the sushi vinegar over the rice.
- Working rapidly, turn and mix the rice, using a cut-turn-fold motion sort of like when you mix in egg whites into a cake batter. Rapidly fan the rice to cool it as quickly as possible. This ensures that the grains will be nice and glossy. Keep going until the rice has absorbed the vinegar and cooled down.
- Place one sheet of nori on a bamboo sushi mat.
- Wet your hands, spread a thin layer of rice on the nori and press into a thin layer.
- Arrange cucumber, rolled Omelette, spam hot & spicy/ canned teriyaki shredded chicken/ Tobiko (flying fish roe) OR any ingredients of your choice and spread some japanese mayonnaise length-ways on the rice and place closest to you.
- With the helps of rolling mat, begin to roll. Pressing gently as you roll. Roll it forward to make a complete roll. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cut the roll into six equal pieces, first cut across the center with a sawing motion, not pushing down too hard, then cut each half-roll into thirds, wiping the blade of the knife with the moist cloth to remove the rice residue when necessary. Serve immediately.