特别喜欢okashi的special biscuit sponge.
Special Biscuit Sponge : (recipe adapted from Okashi by Keiko Ishida)
- 20g pastry flour, 10g corn flour
- 18g unsalted butter, melted
- 45g egg whites
- 30g caster sugar
- 40g egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Line 6" square cake pan with baking paper.
- Sift pastry flour and corn flour.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until foamy. Add sugar to egg whites and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add egg yolks and beat until combine.
- Fold flours into egg mixture with spatula.
- Pour melted butter into batter and fold well.
- Pour batter into cake pan and spread evenly with a scraper.
- Bake for 12-15 mins. Cool completely and peel away the layer of brown skin on top. Place an 5" round cake ring on cake and cut out a round piece. Leave cake in cake ring and cover bottom of cake with cling film and a stainless steel tray. Set aside.
- Balance of cake can cut into small pieces and lay in the bottom of cups.
Lychee yogurt mousse (recipe adapted from Bake In Paris)
- Open lychee can and leave aside 5 pieces of lychees for decoration.
- Weight the rest of lychees plus syrup to 350g. Puree them until fine.
- Separate 200 grams for mousse, and 150 grams for jelly topping.
- For jelly topping, strain lychee puree into fine juice. Set aside for later use.
- Make meringue. Beat egg white at until foamy. Add in sugar and beat till soft peak form. Leave aside.
- Beat whipping cream until soft peak form. Set aside.
- Melt gelatine in hot water. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a clean bowl, mix together lychee puree with yogurt.
- Then fold lychee mixture into meringue bowl and mix well at low speed.
- Fold in whipping cream and at last add in gelatine
- Pour into cake ring and refrigerate for 2 hours. (the mousse is able to makes one 5" round pan and 2 stand glasses).