Sweet Potato Balls with Nian Gao (Refer厨苑食谱 ）
- 350g mashed sweet potato
- 80g plain flour, 1tbsp rice flour
- 1tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200g nian gao, cut into small square pieces
- Combine all the ingredients to form a smooth dough.
- Divide dough into 12g each. Wrap in nian gao as filling and shape into ball.
- Coat the balls with flour and deep fry in medium hot oil until golden brown.
Fried Nian Gao (Refer Lamakitchen)
- 10 slices of Nian Gao (sliced 0.3-inch)
- 20 slices of sweet potatoes (peeled and sliced 0.3-inch)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup water
- Combine rice flour, all purpose flour, salt, baking powder and water in a bowl. Whisk them until become smooth batter. Note: Make sure the batter is not too thick and not too watery.
- Heat up oil.
- Place one piece of nian gao between two slices of sweet potato. Try to put a little batter in between to make them stick together.
- Coat them evenly with the batter.
- Deep fry them with medium heat until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel before serve.